Import health standards
Import health standards are documents issued under section 24A of the Biosecurity Act 1993. They state the requirements that must be met before risk goods can be imported into New Zealand.
IHS guidance documents
MPI has produced guidance documents to help you meet the requirements of import health standards. While you do not have to comply with the guidance, MPI considers the guidance best practice. Where available, these are listed with the related standard.
Revoked import health standards
During the transition to a new import health standard (IHS), the standards being revoked will be listed as related documents of the new IHS. You can search for any IHS using its short code, but if it's an IHS about to be revoked it will appear as a related document under the new IHS. Click on the '+' sign to see related documents.
If you can't find the IHS for your commodity, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Avian influenza – 27 March 2018 – Various countries. Find out more
- Lumpy skin disease – 21 Aug 2015 - Greece (Evros, Xanthi, and Kavala). Find out more
- Myrtle rust – Feb 2015 – Australia (Tasmania). Find out more
keywords: meabeeic.eec, beef
- Export Quarantine Certificate - Japan [PDF, 996 KB]
10 October 2017 - The agreed negotiated certificate from Japan can be seen at the above link. Please note the page issued by the Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare does not require an official stamp.
keywords: meabeeic.jap, bovine, beef
keywords: meabeeic.nam, beef, cattle
- Bovine Semen from Australia - Sample Veterinary Certificate [PDF, 391 KB]
- Bovine Semen from Canada - Sample Veterinary Certificate [PDF, 133 KB]
- Bovine Semen from the European Union - Sample Veterinary Certificate [PDF, 37 KB]
- Bovine Semen from Norway - Sample Veterinary Certificate [PDF, 144 KB]
- Bovine Semen from USA - Sample Veterinary Certificate [PDF, 176 KB]
- Bovine Semen from Switzerland - Sample Veterinary Certificate [PDF, 124 KB]
- Bovine Semen and Embryos from Approved Countries - Import Health Standard Guidance Document [PDF, 1104 KB]
keywords: bovsemid.gen, cattle, bull, germplasm, ruminant, bulls, cow
keywords: bovaniic.aus, bovine, bull, ruminants, live, cow, bubalus bualis
keywords: capembic.aus, goat, ruminant, germplasm, farm animal
keywords: capsemic.aus, goat, ruminant, germplasm, farm animal
keywords: capsicum-au, peppers
keywords: capsicum-nl, peppers
keywords: capsicum-nc, peppers
keywords: honeybeesemic.spe, honeybee, apis mellifera carnica
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback