Soil, rock & water
If you want to import soil, rock, gravel, sand, clay or water, you need to meet strict biosecurity requirements to prevent the entry of unwanted organisms into New Zealand. MPI helps importers meet these requirements.
When importing soil, rock, gravel, sand, clay and water into New Zealand, you're responsible for:
- meeting the import health standard (IHS) for your products
- arranging appropriate treatment for your products
- ensuring products are properly packaged to prevent contamination
- reporting to MPI if your products show signs of disease or pests
- keeping the right records.
Fees and charges may apply.
Who to contact
If you have questions about importing soil, rock, gravel, sand, clay and water, email email@example.com.
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback