Manuals and guidelines - RMP
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) has developed this guidance document to help micro abattoir businesses to complete the Risk Management Programme (RMP) template for Micro Abattoirs.
- What is Validation? [PDF, 250 KB]
The RMP manual is designed to help you develop and operate your RMP. The manual includes what is needed in an RMP, and how to get an RMP evaluated and registered.
Outlines how carcasses and parts must be presented for post-mortem examination in dressing operations of red meat intended for human consumption.
Outlines how post-mortem examination must be carried out in dressing operations of red meat intended for human consumption.
Details the dispositions the post-mortem examiner must make based on certain diseases and defects when examining red meat intended for human consumption.
- Food (Uncooked Comminuted Fermented Meat) Standard 2008 [PDF, 106 KB]
Guidance Document for the safe production of Uncooked Comminuted Fermented Meat (UCFM) products
These reference criteria are formulated as a guide for regulators to assess when foods can be considered unacceptable or unsafe. They apply until the end of the given shelf life of a particular food. The Ministry of Health recommends industry strive for more stringent specifications.
- RMP dual operator butchers template [DOCX, 232 KB]
- Risk management programme template for Dual Operator Butchers – Attachment U - Listeria management procedures for Wholesale butchers who sell ready-to-eat animal products [PDF, 543 KB]
- Registering rmp dual operator butchers checklist [PDF, 24 KB]
- Approval for the risk management programme template for dual operator butchers [PDF, 27 KB]
- Resource-manual-rmp-dual-operator-butchers [PDF, 355 KB]
- Guidance Document - How to use attachment U - Listeria management procedures for Wholesale Butchers Who Sell Ready-to-eat Animal Products [PDF, 1108 KB]
- Approval for Attachment U – Listeria Management Procedures for Wholesale Butchers Who Sell Ready-To-Eat Animal Products [PDF, 268 KB]
Slaughter and Dressing Red Meat Code of Practice, Chapter 5
This guidance document supports the recently introduced Prevalence Performance Target for Campylobacter that was introduced by the Animal Products (National Microbiological Database Specifications) Amendment Notice 2016 and came into effect on 3 April 2016. The guidance document is intended to assist poultry operators to review their slaughter and dressing procedures and the operation of specific control measures for Campylobacter when first setting up their process and reviewing when issues arise.
A guidance document to help small businesses make safe UCFM products
This guidance document contains the requirements for a person applying for recognition as a risk management programme evaluator (non-dairy) and to maintain recognition.
This guidance has been developed to aid filling out the CNCA application form for infant formula manufacturers.
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback