Appointing an E-cert company coordinator
Find out about the role and responsibilities of an E-cert company coordinator and how to set up this position in your company.
The E-cert company coordinator facilitates E-cert communication between MPI and companies that use Animal Products E-cert (AP E-cert). Through this role, larger companies are able to set up and maintain E-cert access for their employees more efficiently. There is normally one company coordinator working for each company – not one in each premises of the company.
The company coordinator's responsibilities
The responsibilities of an E-cert company coordinator include:
- setting up and maintaining E-cert access for company users
- supervising or training company users and advising them of their responsibilities when using E-cert
- acting as a conduit for E-cert information – this includes disseminating information from MPI to E-cert users or computer systems personnel, liaising with MPI over any relevant issues and proposing enhancements to E-cert
- advising MPI of any changes in company status – for example, a change in ownership of the organisation
- assisting with managing E-cert risks – this includes monitoring security and ensuring there is a valid business continuity plan in place in the event that company systems or E-cert is unavailable.
Establishing a company coordinator
If you wish to implement the E-cert Company Coordinator role, you need to:
- identify a suitable person
- complete the application form.
You can download the application form by using this link:
- Register a Company Coordinator for E-cert [PDF, 75 KB]
Managing the role of company coordinator
Once your company coordinator has been approved by MPI, you need to advise company personnel that all E-cert access requests must go through the company coordinator.
MPI has prepared a manual which guides company coordinators through the procedures they manage as part of their work. This manual will be sent to company coordinators once they are registered.
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback