A list of requirements you need to meet when exporting animal feeds.
Codes of Practice
- Code of Practice: Rendering Part 2: Good Operating Practice [PDF, 468 KB]
- Code of Practice: Rendering Part 1: Overview [PDF, 93 KB]
- Code of Practice: Rendering Part 3: HACCP Application, and the Identification of Other Risk Factors and their Controls [PDF, 114 KB]
- Generic RMP Model for Rendering [PDF, 277 KB]
- Code of Practice: Rendering [PDF, 39 KB]
The Rendering Code of Practice applies to businesses producing rendered animal products intended for animal consumption, such as meat and bone meal, dried blood, fish meal, poultry meal, feather meal, tallow, fish oil and poultry fat.
Details the programme recognised agencies must apply verifiying export animal materials and products (does not apply to live animals or germplasm).
This introduction is not part of the Animal Products Notice, but is intended to indicate its general effect. For the purposes of safeguarding assurances provided by New Zealand, this notice sets verification requirements and frequencies in relation to animal products for export.
This notice specifies the requirements that must be followed in order to receive an official assurance to accompany exported animal material or animal products within the scope of the Animal Products Act 1999 (the Act).
Official Assurance Programmes (OAPs)
This is a revised version of the Animal Products Official Assurances Programme, which now excludes all parts of the previous programme that had been transferred over to the Animal Products (Official Assurances Specifications) Notice 2013.
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback