Postgraduate Science Scholarship
Find out about the scholarships available and the selection process. Stage 1 applications have now closed.
Scholarship for primary industry research
MPI's Postgraduate Science Scholarship is for Masters and PhD candidates who are, or will be, doing primary industry research at a New Zealand tertiary education institution.
The scholarship aims to build capability in the primary industries, particularly where there are current skills and science gaps. To achieve this, proposed research must be relevant and meet a need for the primary industries.
What you get
Each scholarship will provide up to:
- $12,000 for Masters students
- $50,000 for PhD students.
Scholarship recipients can also get co-supervision or mentoring from one or more of MPI's subject matter experts.
Who can apply
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- be enrolled or intending to enrol for a Masters or PhD at a New Zealand tertiary education institution
- have a supervisor who holds a position at a New Zealand tertiary education institution
- propose research that is relevant and meets a need for MPI or the primary industries
- not be an MPI employee.
More information about the scholarship and the needs of primary industries are in the application form.
How to apply
The application process is in 2 stages. Stage 1 closed on 12 March 2018.
Stage 1 (closed)
You need to submit:
- a completed application form
- a personal statement
- your CV
- academic transcripts.
Email your application and supporting documents to email@example.com
Successful applicants from Stage 1 will be invited to submit a research proposal and statement from a research supervisor. Applicants must be available to give a presentation and be interviewed in Wellington between 3 May and 9 May 2018.
12 March 2018 - Stage 1 applications closed
May 2018 - Stage 2 presentations and interviews
June 2018 - Scholarship winners announced
Find out more
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback