Imported coconut milk drinks and coconut milk powders warning
23 September 2015: MPI has issued a Chief Executive Privileged Statement under Section 289 of the Food Act 2014 warning consumers about coconut milk drinks and coconut milk powders because they contain the undeclared allergen of milk and milk products.
19 October 2015 - Issued at Wellington at 4pm
MPI issued a Chief Executive Privileged Statement under Section 289 of the Food Act 2014 on 23 September 2015.
This statement has since been amended to include additional affected products.
- Download MPI Chief Executive Privileged Statement (19 October 2015) [PDF, 193 KB]
- Download Chinese translation of statement [PDF, 108 KB]
Further information is available in the media releases:
- 20/10 - Food safety warning on a second instant coconut milk powder
- 16/10 - Food safety warning extended to include new coconut milk products
- 02/10 - Food safety warning extended to include new coconut milk products
- 30/09 - Food safety warning extended to include two further coconut milk products
- 23/09 - Food safety warning for some coconut milk drinks
|Product type||Coconut milk drinks and coconut milk powders|
|Name of product||Coconut milk (various sizes)
Coconut milk powder (various sizes)
|Package size and description||
Coconut milk drinks
Coconut milk powder
|Distribution||Sold by various retailers throughout New Zealand, including dairies, ethnic food stores and specialist sports stores. These products are imported to NZ|
Consumers that have a milk allergy or intolerance should not consume these products. If you have any concerns about your health, please contact your doctor or seek medical advice.
Who to contact
If you have questions, contact the MPI consumer helpline:
- Phone: 04 939 8100